Thursday, June 15, 2006

Spending even more money...

Ah, Portland. You shall break my bank. We got some bikes the other day (yay!) to replace the crappy ones we had in Phoenix (we donated them, they weren't that crappy, but they weren't worth taking up precious space in our cubes). So tonight we had to run to a bike shop in the SE part of Portland before they closed at 7 to pick up some parts and I was starving! We decided to stop on Belmont, which is a great strip for vegan eating and was only about 5 blocks from the bike shop. Yay! After debating between pizza and a place called The Laughing Planet, we opted for The Laughing Planet so Jim could get a burrito fix.

I probably ordered the most trailer trash entree of them all, but it looked so good! Mashed potatoes with sweet corn, broccoli and tempeh! Mmm, it was hands down the best tempeh I've ever had, it was in this delicious marinade and slightly blackened. Next time I'm going to get it in a burrito. Jim had a grilled veggie burrito with vegan sour cream and guac. The prices at The Laughing Planet were good, ambiance was nice, and the service was very friendly and knowledgeable, I think this is going to become of our "places".


This is a picture of Bindhi that I took with my phone the other day, too cute to not share! She's such a sweetie!

4 comments:

jenny said...

The last time i visted Portland we ate at the Laughing Planet twice and seeing this picture giving me the burrito-fits!

Thanks for the reminder of delicious food available in large quantities!


Living Vegan

Harmonia said...

OMG!!! That cat pic is adorable! It totally made my day!

Have you checked out the Vegginout Board yet?

Anonymous said...

Kiss that cat!

I saw in the nytimes this morning that amazon has started selling groceries. So I looked around. You have to click on "gourmet foods" but there is a bunch of non-gourmet ;-) stuff. I typed in vegan and 771 items came up. Amazingly, the first few pages I looked thru did seem to be vegan, but there are some missteps, like a Green Giant thing in butter. Rarely ingredient lists, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Well, I seem to be wrong, here's a link to "beta groceries" for amazon. Less vegan stuff comes up:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sd_allcatpop_gro/002-6401643-8168829?node=16310101