Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Night At The Deli


We had to do some running around tonight (bike shopping), so we stopped in at one of the all-vegetarian food markets for vegan deli treats. We will definitely have to go back for lunch, they have a sprawling salad bar and they had 4 vegan soups today, but they were all put away when we got there. The pot pie looking pockets are filled with artichokes, garlic and some unidentifiable yummys. The round containers have mashed potatoes and gravy and the top containers are cupcakes, black forest on the left the peanut butter swirl on the right. This picture was also taken with my phone, so it's a little washed out.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post a picture of my new (old) bike. I have one that I might buy, depending on another one I'm looking at tomorrow morning. Old Schwinns rule!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, that looks really good! Where did you get that? :)

scs said...

Old Schwinns DO rule! My mom used to bike me around strapped in the back of one in the '70s.

MeloMeals said...

In one of your recent posts, you mentioned making Seitan from Real Food Daily.. I just got the cookbook and was very intrigued by the Chicken Seitan recipe in there... especially the way they cook it.. is that the one you made?

Kris said...

Hey Mindy, we ate at The Daily Grind on Hawthorne. Is it a co-op or just an independant grocer?

Melody, I did make the chiken seitan recipe. Isn't it crazy looking? It turned out really well and it makes a ton, so I have lots to cook with for awhile.

scs, I love them! I'm out the door right now to check out another one. Yee-haw!

Johanna and Jane, now you know where to plan your next vacations!

Mindy said...

I think the Daily Grind is just an indy and not a co-op, but I don't get to the SE side much, so I could be wrong. :) I need to get over there more! I love all their vegan bakery stuff...

Kelli said...

Your blog is great! I am starting my own blog which will feature foods, recipes, and bits of my life as I finish college. . . you can check it out at:
http://veganprincess7.blogspot.com

Glad things are so great in your new home!!

Warm Wishes,
Kelli

Eat Peace Please said...

Yeah, I'm super jealous of this too. Must-move-out-of-Tempe.

NightOwl said...

Everything looks to die for! I must go to Portland!! It is obviously a vegan paradise.
Thank you for getting back to me about the Vegan Lunchcast. I also e-mailed Ken some weeks ago and did not receive a response. I truly hope he is okay.
Thank you for the great work you do!

Kris said...

Thank you all for your comments.

I must say that as a politically progressive person who cares about the environment and animals greatly, Portland is the place to be. Move here, all of you! We'll start a commune and cook lots of yummy food and grow old and chubby together! :)