Friday, March 24, 2006

No-Name Treats



Woot! It's Friday! Thank god, I'm sooo tired, I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. This is going to be the first Saturday in a really long time when I don't have to work, Jim doesn't have to work and he doesn't have plans to putz around with the cars. Yay! That means I get to make brunch twice! Brunch is my favorite meal, by far. It's the only time of day when it's considered acceptable to indulge in dessert-like entrees (crepes with strawberries, anyone?) and I get to use my favorite condiment: the sugar-laden ketchup!

Anyhow, The above treats were something I made last night for Jim to take to work for "the guys". I like to send him to work with "Yay, it's Friday" or "Shit, it's Monday" treats from time to time. I'm too tired to come up with a name for them, my snazzy, witty self has given up and the crabby girl in me is rising to the surface. I wouldn't be doing anyone any favors if I let her name it, so rather than deciding on something regrettable, I will just call them No-Name Treats.

The bottom layer is like a oatmeal/sugar cookie thing, on top of which is drizzled caramel, a layer of peanuts, and a chocolate ganache-y thing. I took two pieces to work today, one for myself and one for a friend, as a post-lunch indulgence. The caramel was a bit gooey and didn't set as firm as I would have liked, despite the added cornstarch I used, but it was tasty, a bit too tasty for my sweet tooth, which is the very reason I make these things and send them to work with Jim. According to his midday call they were very well received.

Well, off to marinate some tofu!

Many manly yums up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those look amazing! I'm very impressed with your ingenuity; I'm not super creative and I'm very cookbook dependent! Thanks for the post! :)