Saturday, September 16, 2006

Food, food and more food!

I have been having the worst time with beta Blogger and getting my pictures uploaded! I get this error page saying that the page has been reloaded. I've been having to write my posts and then save them as a draft and come back hours later to add the pictures and publish it. Is anyone else sharing in my frustration?

Lotsa cooking lately! We had brown rice pasta with a basil marinara and some fried, breaded zucchini.


Frying up zucchini in some oil sort of negates the fact that you're eating zucchini to begin with, but hey, it tasted great. I breaded it by dipping it in soy milk, then coating it in a bread crumb and Italian spices mix.



The next night we had some veggie burgers I bought at Wild Oats. They were chock full of brown rice and veggies. This is Jim's burger (I over-browned my bun), with some spinach, Vegenaise, avocado and a hint of ketchup. Sounded like a kind of gross combo to me, but he said it was one of the best veggie burgers he's ever had, so it worked. We had some yam fries on the side. I think I prefer making them with sweet potatoes, the yams just get so soft... but they were still tasty.

Last night I made muffins for the store for this weekend. They included a muffin version of my Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread:



And another fun treat, my Lemon Almond Bling muffins.


I used the leftover pumpkin from the muffins to make Isa's pumpkin waffle recipe, but I made pancakes instead. I just couldn't muster the energy to fight with my waffle maker this morning. We enjoyed them with a an apple and potato Field Roast Sausage and a sliced Honeycrisp apple.

5 comments:

KariDyan said...

i am having to do the draft/come back thing too. WHO has time for that?!?

lovin' your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yum! You've really been cooking up some delicious food. As for the blogger photo thing, I upload all of my photos to flickr.com and then copy the image address into the html of the post on blogger. It seems to be the best and easiest way to me and I don't have to deal with blogger's never-ending photo issues.

Crystal said...

I've been having trouble uploading pics too and I'm not on beta. Argh.

Food looks great! Good use for the leftover pumpkin - yum!

-Crystal

primaryconsumer said...

OMG! That all looks so good!

Anonymous said...

all looks so good! i wish i was your neighbord, so i can make excuses to go to your house everyday lol!