Sunday, July 23, 2006

Too sick to scream for ice cream....

Oh boy! I have been sick as a dog this week! My throat felt a little weird on Monday, but I didn't think anything of it... until I woke up on Tuesday with my glands so swollen I couldn't swallow! By Wednesday I'd lost my voice and Thursday the head cold portion of it caught up with me and I was just plain pathetic. So, I haven't been cooking. I'm feeling much better now, thankfully, because my best friend is flying in tomorrow to visit for a week and a half.

I've lived this week on a diet of soup, crackers and ice cream. In lieu of Leslie's ice cream post I'm going to do a little ice cream review of my new frozen friends.

First up:



Tofutti Kids! Remember orange creamsicles, with their crisp and tangy orange outer shell and their creamer inner layer? Imagine them with an even creamer inner layer, thanks to Tofutti Cream Cheese, and outer flavors of strawberry, lime and orange made with *gasp* real fruit! The cats and the humans are in agreement, these babies are good.

The other one we are out of and I can't find a picture of them online, not even on their own site! They are also by Tofutti and called Tofutti Rich Rewards. The basic makeup of this fine treat is a stick surrounded by creamy vanilla ice cream with strawberry/raspberry swirls through it, dipped in chocolate. I hadn't really expected much from it, I don't know why, but I was expecting waxy chocolate. OMG, they are so good. The chocolate is so creamy, it just melts like buttah and the ice cream/ fruit swirl... I'm drooling over here. If you ever see these near you, they are in a brown and cream box, buy them. The kicker is they are a nice sized bar and they are under 200 calories each! Double yum!

I just got my supercool Secret Society of Vegans shirt in the mail this week, along with some other assorted goodies, some buttons and a patch that will definitely be going on a bag soon.



I was so happy that the red and black shirts were recently printed on bigger shirts. I'm wearing a large and I typically wear an XL in women's American Apparel, for those of you who are leery of ordering shirts from the UK. Michelle at Herbivore has a small and it fits like an American Apparel M. Very fun shirt, I love it!

11 comments:

Eat Peace Please said...

You look super-cute in that T.

Sorry you weren't feeling well either. Yuck. At least ice cream always helps and it's already made and easy. I've been eye-ing those pops lately, thanks for the fruity review. I hope you are doing better.

Anonymous said...

Finally, another XL :-)

My mom always gave me ice cream and Canada Dry ginger ale when I was sick. Ginger ale helps settle the stomach.

Hows the new little kitty doing?

Mama Fabun said...

Very cute shirt!

Sorry you hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you woke today feelings loads better. Take care of yourself.

Kris said...

Thanks Leslie. I was a bit self conscious about posting a pic, I made Jim take 10 because I thought my hair looked dumb, lol. Ice cream really does make everything better.

Anon, I agree about ginger ale. I don't know if it really works or if it's placebo, but whatever, I like it! I've been so busy with traveling and being ill that I forgot to give everyone a kitten update! We found him a great home with a family that has two younger daughters. I think it will be really good for him.

Thanks, mamafabun! I did feel lots better today.

KleoPatra said...

Love the shirt; a fab photo of you! And i'm way into those Tofutti Kids. They are delicious. But i love almost all frozen Tofutti sweets

Here's hoping, wishing and praying you feel much better soon!

urban vegan said...

Sorry you're not well--there is definitely something going 'round.

You look deviously cute in your Secret Society shirt.

Shananigans said...

I love that shirt! You look adorable in it. Glad to hear you’re feeling better, I hate being sick especially in the summer. Those frozen treats sound so good. I’m trying to stay off the sweets and all alcoholic beverages for 10 weeks, kind of my own little self-imposed detox. I hope I can do it. But after that I will definitely be sampling some Tofutti products!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute in your new shirt! Also love your glasses. I wish I lived close to a store where I could try all the fun Tofutti products. Used to be able to in California but not so much here in Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

no kidding,,,,that is a fun shirt. I love the black and red stripes!

Kris said...

Thanks for all the compliments, folks. Rudee emailed me that he has a new shirt design that he's working on that will be out very soon, so I'm excited to see it.

Shanangins, good luck with your detox, you're a stronger woman than I!

Kelli said...

You are so cute! And I want that shirt!! what a cute idea. . . I love the thought that veganism is this fun, "in" thing to do. . .

--Kelli