Thursday, June 22, 2006

Baking!

I've been the late night baker lately. Not having to be at work until 11-12 is bad because I stay up until 2ish... So that means I do bad things like bake at midnight.


These are shortbread cookies. They are vanilla and chocolate sprial. Very yummy, but with an understated and delicate taste.


These were tonight's beasts: mochadamia bars. Coffee flavored bars with chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. I wish we had some soy ice cream so we could eat them ala mode...

Okay, I'm off to try to go to bed at a decent hour. Night!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Yum and YUM! :)

Kelli said...

Recipe for the mochadamia brownies please, please, pretty please? Oh, and I humbly ask you to check out my new blog. . . inspired by vegan food stars like you, Ken, and Jenniferschmoo!!

www.veganprincess7.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow and wow

jenny said...

Coffee flavored chocolate chip macadamia nut bars?! Yum!!!

Mama Fabun said...

Yum! I really enjoy early-morning baking, before my sweet boy's awake.

Brooke said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
You are an evil baker! Those look fantastic!

-Brooke

Shananigans said...

Seconding the request for mochadamia brownie recipe please! Those cookies are so pretty, I could just eat them all up. Why do baked goods have to be so, well good? If someone came up with a baked goods based diet I could totally stick to it :)

Eat Peace Please said...

Are you serious!? This looks fantastic. I think that coffee macadamia cake would be a huge hit around here.

As for staying up late, I do it a lot around here (did you?) in the summer because it's so hot and it's nice in the early mornings (2am). Only 102 by then.

Kris said...

Wow, I didn't quite realize what a splash the mochadamia bars would make! Thanks for all the feedback. They were rather good, if I do say so myself. Moist and delicious. The recipe will be in the book, but I will post the recipe sometime soon as a teaser.