Saturday, May 06, 2006

Yay Brunch!


Sorry it's been awhile, the past 2 nights I've tried to use Blogger the picture upload hasn't been working.

This morning we had Peaches n' Cream French Toast Bake. I used some homemade cinammon bread that I made last night. We also needed to use up the last of the huge bag of tangelos I got at the farmer's market last weekend, so we had some fresh juice that I made with our Champion Juicer . I love our juicer, it is very useful, easy to clean and we can make all sorts of things in it, nut butters, ice cream, I even saw a tutorial on making chocolate liquor from cocoa beans and they used this juicer! It's the best.


Last night, dinner was sprouted wheat pasta from Trader Joe's with marinara, zucchini, mushrooms and black olives. Mmmm. A fairly basic meal, but always good. I held back from getting some ciabatta and having bruschetta too (can you have too many tomatoes in a meal?) because I picked up my new vice, vanilla mango soy ice cream, for dessert. An odd pairing, but it's so great. I could eat it every day. I got a bag of frozen mango and papaya chunks to serve it over, but for last night we just had regular ice cream.

Today we're eating Chinese at my favorite local Asian food spot, Tott's Asian Diner in Tempe. If you're local and you want some very friendly, delicious veggie food that is cheap and has huge portions check this place out. A Pei Wei (boo! hiss!) just opened kiddy corner from them and they are stuggling. Mmm, Tott's. This will be a delicious afternoon.

4 comments:

KariDyan said...

Isn't that sprouted pasta DAH BOMB? I could eat it 7 days a week. My thighs won't allow it, though. :lol:

Kris said...

Yes, I love it. It's really filling, thankfully, so you can't eat too much...

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»