Monday, April 03, 2006

Pinenut Pasta


Tonight we revisited an old favorite, pinenut pasta. I picked some multicolored pasta swirls, more for color than anything else, but I typically always pick multicolored pasta for this dish. This is a really simple dish made with mushrooms (I used cremini), spinach, onions, garlic, olive oil, pinenuts and white wine. The quantities for the mushrooms and especially the spinach seem really obscene, but the spinach wilts to nothing if you cut back the amount.

I threw together a quick artichoke dip on the side with some artichokes, spinach, onions, garlic, a splash of oil and about 2 tablespoons of Tofutti cream cheese. We ate it with some tortilla chips as a little appetizer.

Nice and light, yet satisfying. I'll be posting the recipe soon.

2 yums up!

3 comments:

Harmonia said...

Oh! The artichoke dip! Gimme, Gimme! Looks great!

Dreena said...

Ohhh, I have just checked in after a couple of days and all of these posts are great-looking - that dip, the pancakes, the seitan medallions - yummy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What type of white wine do you use to cook with? I made a recipe for some portobellos and orzo that called for white wine once. I used chardonnay and I could still taste the stuff after cooking. I marinated the shrooms and herbs in it, then used the marinade to cook some sundried tomatoes. Thanks for any tips you can provide:)
And wow, those muffins and pancakes look SOOOO good!