Monday, April 24, 2006

Lo Mein


Late last night we finally got to having dinner. Our friend, who is trying to go veg, was over so I showed her how to make lo mein. Fast, simple and filling. I make my sauce from a simple low sodium soy sauce and sesame oil blend, with some steamed veggies and baked tofu. Mmm. Lots of leftovers so I got to indulge again for lunch today.


Yesterday morning Ravi was being too cute. I was exercising and I noticed this little couch we bought the cats awhile ago. Just as I was silently musing over how they never use it, Ravi gets up, walks over to it and gets comfy! I had just enough time to snap a few pictured of him before he got irritated and left the room.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent cat, and the lo mein looks yummy.

I was about to post about the potatoes below when blogger went offline for maintenance. I was speculating about putting slices of onions in potatoes, and trying to think of what might go in with sliced sweet potatoes. Maybe pineapple slices.

Anonymous said...

Here is an evil sloth secret of mine. Uncle Ben's makes a white rice in an orange plastic packet thing. I forget its name. But you put it in the microwave for 90 seconds and you have perfect rice, real rice, not Minute Rice type rice. The lo mein brought it to mind, because I zap the rice and then just add good stuff, amazingly easy. Not to be confused with the stuff you have to add water to.

karen said...

Yummy looking lo mein and what a cute kitty! Cats are so fickle. How funny he got irritated and left. However, when they want attention, it's a different story!

Kris said...

We have one cat that loves getting his picture taken. If you have the camera out around him and you don't take his picture he throws a fit! Not Ravi, though.

Mmm, sweet potatoes with pineapple, that sounds great. Add a bit of Earth Balance, a marachino cherry and a blob of Rice Mellow Cream and it's like an instant personal sized side of Thanksgiving potato bake that I make. OMG, I think I have to do that....

Sometimes I buy this precooked rice that's like that, Karen Anne, but it's frozen instead. Same idea, though. It's very convenient.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»