Saturday, April 22, 2006

Kabobs!


Tonight our theme was kabobs. I marinated some seitan in a garlic lime marinade and broiled them on kabobs along with some cherry tomatoes and onions. I would have like to grill them, but we don't have a grill and the ones in the park (which is basically our backyard) are questionable at best and it was a crazy windy day. We also had baked potatoes, but in an unconventional way. I sliced them and stuffed slices of garlic between the potato discs. Then, I gave each potato a healthy splash of salad dressing, just a simple olive and vinegar blend. They were then sealed in their foil containers and baked. With a fresh crack of sea salt, they were melty and flavorful. For dessert, inspired by Jennifershmoo, I made fruit kabobs with pineapple and strawberries and a dipping sauce with some vanilla yogurt and a splash of orange juice.

Mmm, we were full and I am so happy to have an abundance of fresh pineapple at home!

5 comments:

karen said...

That looks good! What a great idea for baked potatoes... I love seitan. Is it homemade or store bought?

Kris said...

I was store bought, for lack of time. I like to make it at home as often as I can, which is totally dependant on how much I plan ahead. I can be a bit of slacker. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»