Sunday, April 16, 2006

Food, food, food!


Man, this has been a really busy weekend! I worked yesterday then went to lunch with some friends that were up from Tucson (we went to Green), went grocery shopping (which is an event unto itself as I shop at up to 4 stores every week) and then came home for bed. Today was baking experiment perfection day, cleaning day and packing day. We now have a wall of boxes and bins and we made it to the thrift store with a load of stuff (I was surprised they were open on Easter, almost nothing was). Now we're starting to look like we're making progress, rather than just having chaos in the apartment.

My BIG exciting find at the health food store was Follow Your Heart's vegan Caesar dressing. OMG. When I was an omni I considered myself a bit of a Caesar connoisseur. I would eat it at every opportunity and could tell you the best and worst restaurants to get salads at. Then I went vegetarian, but finding vegetarian Caesar dressing wasn't too hard. Then we went vegan and I hated every one I tried. I tried fruitlessly to make them at home and had gotten pretty used to using Goddess dressing when this beautiful bottle presented itself from the heavens. It's so good. SO good! And it's even decorated with a pretty little vegan V on the back. It doesn't get better than that. So, for a quick lunch we had some Caesar wraps with lettuce and romaine. Mmm, I'm in heaven!


My baking adventure today was perfecting a chocolate raspberry swirl muffin recipe for the cookbook. I think this one is keeper! Jim and I have been noshing on the minis all day. I'm making him take some to work tomorrow to share with a vegan co-worker so I don't eat too many! Yikes!


Lastly, here's a picture of Bindhi, my youngest cat. She has made this box her clubhouse and she hangs out in it with her toys for hours on end. She's a little territorial about it, but in a playful and adorable way.

That's it for now! Hope you all had a lovely holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many cats do you have?

Kris said...

We have 3. Linus, our oldest, was from a shelter in Mpls. Ravi, our middle cat, was from a co-worker that ended up with a litter of kittens. We had only planned on having the 2 boys, but then along came Bindhi, 4 weeks old, on the side of the road in AZ in JULY! So we got to play mom and dad to a bitty baby, she drank forumla and everything. She's a fiesty girl. Last fall we added the last addition to our little family, Moussa, our hamster, which Jim found living under some boxes on our patio. It's funny because our cats are pretty scared of her. She runs at them in her ball and they scatter. She even bit Ravi's belly once through the ball.

I love them all, they really are the joy in my life. There's nothing better than having a really great fur family.