Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jim's First Dinner!


Jim's recent goal has been to learn how to cook. This came as a bit of a surprise for me and I've been happy to teach him. I have been the victim to having the choice of another bowl of cereal or ramen when I'm sick, so I welcome any desire he has to expand his cooking repertoire.

We're going slow, since he's starting from the ground up. Last night he declared that he wanted to make dinner tonight than said, "wait, do we have anything I can make?" Thankfully, we had an emergency box of Fantastic chili mix. It's based with TVP, all you have to add is water, canned tomatoes and beans. He made it with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans and kidney beans. Then, he went above and beyond any expectations that I had and pulled out my recipe for cornbread and made that as well! It turned out great, moist and lightly sweet.

It was nice to have the evening off and even nicer to hear him heating it up in the kitchen. Seriously, is there anything sexier than a man cooking?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! I'm vegan as well, and your food looks great!! Noce job!!
--Kelli

Mindy said...

That is awesome! Congrats kris. ;) Man, I would just die if my bf ever said he wanted to make dinner... from the shock if not from the cooking ;)

Harmonia said...

Hi! Saw you on Vive Le Vegan! I had to visit...fellow female (aspiring) vegan with fur kids as well! Hope you don't mind, but I am linking you right away! I hope to visit often!!!

I'm at:
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

Marnely Rodriguez-Murray said...

great dinner! the cornbread looks fantastic! what will he make next.. ? :D

Kris said...

well, he's promising to make breakfast on sunday, so we'll see. The last time that happened he melted a spatula and there was plastic in our food... but I have hope! :)