Monday, March 20, 2006

Carrot Cake



I hardly ever make cakes. With it just being the two of us, I always worry it will go to waste. And frankly, I'm a cookie and brownie kind of gal. But I knew that Jim was going to have a busy and hectic day on Saturday and he loves him some cake. When I got home from work I got started on this baby. In my pre-vegan days I tried to make several carrot cakes and they all failed miserably: dry, spiced crap. I worried that I would never find a good carrot cake recipe and it saddend me to no end, as carrot cake was what we had at our wedding. So I was delighted with the results of this hodge-podge recipe, very moist with a delicate flavor that intensified overnight. All the effort was well worth it when Jim dragged his tired self home and exclaimed "OMG!" when he saw the cake displayed next to where he sets his keys. Now he's eating it 3 times a day! Not that I'm all that innocent either....

2 yums up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake!! I've been too scared to try making a carrot cake (for some reason, they seem too labor intensive for me), but I might have to now!

Great blog BTW!