Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wild Rice Pilaf


Tonight I didn't have much time (also why I didn't post yesterday, we had leftovers) so I made a box of wild rice pilaf we had from Trader Joe's. We also had some tomatoes from the co-op that I worried were going to go bad before we used them up, so I sliced those as well as a handful of canned artichoke hearts, tossed them with some olive oil and Italian seasoning and then broiled them for about 2 minutes. It only took me about 25-30 minutes from start to finish. Yummy and light plus I managed to use up some produce and get another box out of my pantry. Yay!

I will get the Shepherd's Pie recipe up soon. I have bits and pieces of it scattered in chicken scratch on several pieces of paper and I haven't written out any kind of directions, so it will take a little bit to pull together and I've just been nutso busy when I get home from work. If only I could use Blogger at work.... Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice. I never though of using large veggies on top of rice, I'm always mixing small pieces in.

Kris said...

Under the food, these plates actually have the cat art of Laurel Burch on them. I have a set of 4 medium plates and tall matching mugs. I got them about, geez, 6 years ago from a toy company called Ganz. I was working at a store that ordered from them at the time and I was looking through a product catalog and really liked them, so I orded them directly through the rep. I have since broken one plate (it happened just 2 weeks ago, actually) and I'm sad because I'm not sure how I could go about getting some new ones.

Anonymous said...

Googling
laurel burch plate OR plates OR dish OR dishes
turned up a bunch of items. I'm not sure any match your plate exactly. Also, ebay has a bunch of stuff, with widely varying prices, from about $10 to over $100.

You could also check what it says on the back of your plates and search for that company on the web.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Elise D said...

Hi nice reading yourr blog